Crewneck sweatshirts are a popular, timeless choice for custom sweatshirts because of their classic look. These sweatshirts are pulled over the head, but unlike a pullover hoodie, they lack a hood and they typically lack the large front pocket. Some people like the lack of a hood and pocket because it makes crew neck sweatshirts less bulky than hoodies. The classic crewneck features a rounded neck which goes great with any casual look.
Crewneck sweatshirts look great customized just about any way you like – print a large design front and center, or print a small design on one side of the chest with a large design on the back. Personalize it with a name on the back, or keep it simple. Screen printing and embroidery both look great on these timeless sweatshirts.
Quarter Zip Sweatshirt
Quarter zip sweatshirts are an athletic style for warmer customized gear. These pullover sweatshirts feature a collar that keeps your neck warm without all the bulk of a full hood. The front zips up only part-way to allow for ventilation as you warm up during physical work or exercise. Quarter zip sweatshirts are often available in materials like synthetic polyesters that have a more athletic look, or warm fuzzy fleece.
Similarly to full zip sweatshirts, quarter zip sweatshirts often look sharp with a small design printed or embroidered on one side of the chest, rather than the full front of the sweatshirt.
Custom Sweatshirts For Everyone
Sweatshirts come in a wide variety of shapes, sizes, and fits. Good Ink has something for everyone with our large selection of sweatshirt styles!
Custom Men’s/Unisex Sweatshirts
Men’s sweatshirts have a straighter and sometimes looser fit. They may also be called unisex sweatshirts because they’re designed to fit and be worn by anyone.
Custom Ladies’ Sweatshirts
Ladies’ sweatshirts are generally more tightly fitted than unisex sweatshirts. They may also have additional features, like a wider neckline or curved hemline.
Custom Youth Sweatshirts
Custom sweatshirts can also be made for young ones! Youth sweatshirts come in smaller sizes for children and are designed to fit their proportions.
Custom Tall Sweatshirts
Individuals with very long torsos may be happier with the fit of custom sweatshirts designed specifically for them. Tall sweatshirts are just that – a similar sweatshirt style with a longer torso to fit people who are extra tall.
Sweatshirt Features To Consider
Many of our custom sweatshirts have additional features that set them apart from standard sweatshirts. Look for sweatshirts with the following features:
- Anti-pilling: Pilling is what happens when tiny balls appear on the surface of the fabric, caused by loose fibers clumping together. Anti-pilling means the sweatshirt fabric will maintain a smooth, soft surface through many washes.
- Colorfast fabric: The fabric won’t fade or change color with washing or exposure to the elements.
- Garment-dyed: Pieces are individually dyed, making them unique and one of a kind, as well as highly saturated with color.
- Raglan sleeves: Raglan sleeves extend all the way to the neckline, creating a diagonal seam that extends from the collarbone to the underarm. This creates a distinctive look that many people love.
- Tear-away label: The label on the inside of the sweatshirt can easily be torn out. Some people find that it’s more comfortable to get rid of any potentially scratching tags. This is also important for businesses looking to sell their custom sweatshirts, as the manufacturer tag can easily be replaced with your own tag.
Customizing Your Sweatshirts
We offer several ways to customize your sweatshirts, enabling you to create a look as unique as your brand.
Custom Screen Printed Sweatshirts
Screen printing is a technique that allows for the personalization of your design through the selection of various types and colors of inks. For a simple design, you might choose only one color, or you can incorporate multiple colors into your design for a bolder look. Different types of inks provide different looks for your apparel. You can choose from the following for your screen-printed sweatshirts:
- Plastisol: Plastisol is a classic screen printing ink. It creates a bright, bold print in just about any color, and it can be used on almost any type of garment.
- Water-base: Water-based ink creates a soft, vintage-looking print. It works best when using darker inks on lighter-colored garments.
- Glow in the Dark: A fun feature to add for nighttime or blacklight-lit events.
- Puff: This old-school printing technique creates a three-dimensional print that’s raised above the surface of your fabric.
- Metallic: The ink itself has a shimmery quality, giving metallic prints a smooth, opaque, shiny finish.
Screen printing can get expensive when you want to add many colors, and it’s difficult to achieve a photorealistic design with this process. We have some special techniques for when you want a full-color photograph incorporated into your design.
- Simulated Process: Simulated process printing is a screen printing technique that allows us to incorporate more colors into a design using fewer screens and inks. Because of the complexity of screen printing complex images with many colors, this can be a little more expensive than simpler prints and requires a higher minimum order number.
- Full Color Transfers: An alternative method to screen printing for images with many colors. Powdered plastisol ink is printed onto a sheet, and then transferred to your shirt using a heat press. This works on all types of fabrics, holds up well, and is a great way to capture all the colors of a photograph.
Custom Embroidered Sweatshirts
For a beautiful, high-end look, custom embroidery can take your sweatshirt game to the next level. We can utilize flat embroidery to create just about any logo or design.
Personalize Your Sweatshirts With A Name On The Back
Custom sweatshirts are popular for sports teams and sporting events. One key customization teams love is being able to include a name and/or number on the back of the sweatshirt. We make it possible to include a different name on the back of each sweatshirt in your order. To do this, we create names and numbers digitally and cut them out of heavy-duty vinyl that is heat-pressed onto shirts. The end result has a slightly different look and feel to screen printed designs, but it lasts just as long.
Custom Sweatshirt FAQs
How Much Does A Custom Sweatshirt Cost?
The cost of custom sweatshirts is dependent on a number of factors, including the type of product and brand you want your design printed on, what type of printing or embroidery you select, and the number of sweatshirts you want to order. We recommend reaching out to our team for a quote for the most accurate pricing.
How Do I Order Custom Sweatshirts For A Group?
Creating custom products for a large group can be tricky. In order to collect sizing information, we recommend creating a survey so that each group member can select their preferred size.
When you may want to provide a variety of apparel styles, colors, and sizes to satisfy everyone in a group, keeping track of that information can become a big task. We recommend creating a Jotform to collect orders from your group. Once you have input from your group, tell us what you want to order, and we’ll take care of the rest.
What Design Limitations Should I Be Aware Of?
If you opt to create your own design, we recommend that you send us your design file in an EPS, AI, SVG, or PDF file so it will come out looking as good as possible. We can also work from PNG and JPG images, but these should have a resolution of at least 300 DPI so that the image doesn’t come out looking pixelated or blurry. If you have a design in some other format, we can convert it to a usable format at no additional cost.
Designs can contain as many as twelve colors, but in order to keep your cost down, we recommend limiting the number of colors incorporated into your design.
Can I Include My Logo In My Custom Design?
Absolutely! Send us your logo in one of the formats listed above, or we can convert your logo into a printable design file for you. We’ll let you know if there’s anything we recommend tweaking to make it look as good as possible on your custom apparel. We just ask that you make sure you have the right to print the logo you want on your apparel.
How Long Do Custom Sweatshirts Take To Print?
Most of our custom products have a turnaround time of 2-3 weeks. This can vary depending on the type of customization you select. We’ll provide you with a more accurate timeline when you request a quote. Once your invoice has been fully paid, we’ll begin working on your order right away.